(800) 506-3565
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Eddie S
    Participant

I don’t understand the image most people have on legal prostitution. People have normal urges and controlled legalization is the way to handle this. There is nothing dirty of immoral about it. The human body is a thing of beauty and sexual urges are natural. I don’t live in Nevada so I do not have this outlet available to me easily. More states need to consider legalization.

I read a book by a former madam and I believe it is your ranch she was referring to. It gave me a new perspective of the industry. Admiring some of the staff at Sheri’s, I sure wish I could make it out soon.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sucks we can’t be like Australia with the prostitution laws. >:(

Flint
    Participant

What are they like?

Angel Parr
    Participant

Well I’m a bit impartial, but I like that its just in Nevada. In countries that have legalized it across the board the market immediately becomes flooded, price and quality tend to go down, and the ladies that are working are not getting close to what they are worth, and they tend to be very unhappy, the whole industry suffers in the long term. Keeping it limited keeps us in demand, it makes us special and provides an environment conducive to unique experiences and allows us to set our own prices, so that we can cater to every budget.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s basically an oligopoly in the United States. The only thing that sucks is it’s only in Nevada so if you live far away from Nevada, you have to fly just to get to the ranch which is expensive.

Flint
    Participant

That is my problem, Nevada is too far away.

Robert
    Participant

I have a solution, Flint. I live here but can’t really afford to go as often as I would like. Why don’t we partner up: you send me $$, tell me what party you want to have, I’ll take one for the team and go ‘suffer’ through the party. Then I’ll come back here and tell you about it. Sound fair?! 😉

Azru007
    Participant

Robert, I can see right now that Flint’s reaction would match his avatar portrait.

Back to the subject at hand, Lady Angel you’re correct. If memory serves Germany legalized country-wide prostitution. The result was a flood of ladies and a sharp decline in quality. Moreover it didn’t curtail the darker aspects associated with prostitution such as sex trafficking and pimps.

I will say that it looks good on paper not to mention great for State and Federal revenues. Unfortunately it’s a complicated issue that’s unlikely to be resolved anytime soon.

Flint
    Participant

Good try, Robert, but not going to happen, as i have one planned for this summer.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s okay if they have a few brothels in each state as long as it’s highly regulated.

Robert
    Participant

Worth a shot, Flint. I’m planning on May.

Flint
    Participant

You will be before me, Robert.

TheCatTribe
    Participant

I agree completely with Eddie S. that there is no logical reason why prostitution should not be legal, but regulated in the U.S. I believe it was George Carlin who argued something like it is legal to have sex and encouraged to do business, so it makes no sense that paying for sex (and companionship) should be illegal. Legalizing and regulating prostitution would make what happens anyway safer for everyone involved and would generate tax revenue.

I do understand Angel’s point and it is a consideration I had not taken into account. Perhaps Diesel’s suggestion of a limited number of regulated brothels would help solve the problem of flooding the market. Also, I would think high quality courtesans like Angel Parr and the other ladies of Sheri’s would still make a premium. Customers get what they pay for.

So from a policy standpoint banning prostitution is not just stupid but wrong — each of us has a right to express ourselves sexually and use our bodies in a manner that does no harm to anyone else. From a market standpoint, Angel adds a great insight that not just regulation but some enforced scarcity would be a good thing.

At least that is my long-winded two cents.

Angel Parr
    Participant

I suppose that could be a way around the flood, I didn’t think about only allowing a few in each state, mainly because no one has done that yet. It could work, but now we have to convince our politicians its a good idea, I’m not going to hold my breath any time soon lol!

Akira
    Participant

I agree with Angel 1000%!!I hoping that it only stay legal in Nevada during my career. Although I do have a dream job of being a prostitution political lobbyist in the future lol.

Eddie S
    Participant

That would be great to see Akira. Go for it!

Eddie S
    Participant

I doubt it will ever happen either Angel. But one can only dream.

TheCatTribe
    Participant

[quote quote=18489]I agree with Angel 1000%!!I hoping that it only stay legal in Nevada during my career. Although I do have a dream job of being a prostitution political lobbyist in the future lol.

[/quote]

Awesome. I hope you go for it and are very successful.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar