(800) 506-3565
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    bellelux
    Participant

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/careers/earn-more-money-when-you-have-more-sex-study-says-f6C10945740

When people are having sex regularly, they’re happier, stronger, eat better and exercise more, researchers have found. Drydakis called sexual activity a “barometer” for several characteristics an employer would want in a worker or traits that could make someone a better worker.

“Being sexually active is a proxy for good health, and that itself is correlated with having higher energy for everything, including work,” Andrew Oswald, economics professor at Britain’s Warwick University, said via email.

“Physical and mental health, as well as personality characteristics, are important factors that affect wages. The patterns found in this study strengthen this reasoning,” Drydakis wrote.

The “Sex and the City” bed-hopping cliché notwithstanding, marriage seems to have a lot to do with it. “Married people, particularly men, earn higher wages than the non-married,” Oswald said. “One possible explanation is that such people are sociable, stable people.”

Conversely, a sexless marriage appears to be detrimental to a person’s earning power. “Married men having no sex receive lower wages by 1.3 percent,” Drydakis wrote, calling the amount “statistically significant.”

Drydakis did have one caveat, which we’ll call the gold-digger variable: In some cases, a better job or higher income could be the reason someone starts having more sex, rather than the other way around.

“Higher wages may increase the value and attractiveness of a person on the dating market; higher wages may also increase purchase of gifts that are thanked for via sex,” the paper pointed out.

However, a 2004 paper published in the Scandinavian Journal of Economics written by Oswald and Dartmouth College professor David Blanchflower found, “Higher income does not buy more sex or more sexual partners.”

Drydakis noted sex is a relatively fundamental need based on psychologist Abraham Maslow’s hierarchy of needs, along with food and shelter.

“If basic needs are not satisfied, human beings cannot function. People need to love and be loved,” he wrote. “In the absence of these elements, many people become susceptible to loneliness, social anxiety, and depression that could affect their working life.”

According to Warwick University’s Oswald, “Happiness does raise productivity in humans,” so it’s possible that people who are having sex are more productive at work because they’re in a better mood — albeit maybe a bit sleep-deprived. Drydakis found that people having sex more than four times a week see the biggest wage benefit

• This topic was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by bellelux.
    CandyAndy
    Participant

Makes sense to me. I typically have a better day at work if I’ve had an orgasm beforehand.

Moochiavelli
    Participant

So the reason I’m so poor is because I’m not getting any sex and the reason I can’t get sex is because I’m so poor… seems about right to me.

Flint
    Participant

That Must be why I am so poor.

Angel Parr
    Participant

lol It’s a vicious cycle Moochiavelli

hoochie coochie man
    Participant

There is a blues song called “Two Thangs”:

“Two thangs make the world go ’round.
    If you’ve got one, you can always get the other.”

Willie A
    Participant

The more I work the more money I make. The more I work the less time I spend with a SO. No mater witch way you look at it no such thing as regular basis.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by Willie A.
    Kellie Love
    Participant

Seems to me like this is more about personal satisfaction. Sex is a great way to release endorphins and additional hormones that contribute to ones happiness/ overall demeanor. If someone has a regular release of “happy emotions” then they tend to be happier on the job, which can lead to better job performance, which in turn, leads to more raises/ more money. I also believe the type of sex you are having is important. For example, if a man has an unhappy sex life, even if it is on a regular basis, that would lead to more stress. It’s like eating a bad meal or not enough food. Yes you are eating, but are never quite satisfied. But to someone eating 5 star meals on a regular basis, they are always full and satisfied. With that being said, if your lover is providing stimulating, and satisfying sexual encounters, then you are more likely to be a happier person, thus igniting a positive cycle.

Kisses,

Kellie

Charina Lee
    Participant

There is no doubt that an active sex life does wonders for our minds and bodies. When money is brought into the study it brings in a bit of the chicken or the egg debate. Which comes first?

All I know about coming first is that I like to cum FIRST and LAST! LOL…

Naughty Charina

Flint
    Participant

I thought it would be continuously Charina, if you could.

Allissa
    Participant

That is very interesting. Makes sense to me… So who is ready for me to help get them a raise 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar